This company was set up in 1947 by David & Eric Aylott - two brothers working as young professional film make-up artists - at first using the family sitting room as a workroom. That same year due to increasing demand they moved to premises on the site of what is now the Gosling Sports Park, WGC. Working from what they fondly referred to as 'the shack' they divided their time between building up the company and working on film sets. By the early 1960s Eylure had grown to such an extent that the Aylott brothers decided to give up their studio work and focus on running the company. By this time Eylure had moved to premises in Bridge Road East, WGC and was producing several types of false lashes, fingernails and eye make-up products.